Pages

8.28.2014

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Burritos

I mentioned that this week our grocery bill was a whopping $36 because we are making do with mostly on hand items. When I searched my shelves and fridge I found a can of black beans, frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I stock up on these when I find a good sale on the hormone and antibiotic free kind), a half used bulk jar of salsa and about 6 large flour tortillas leftover from quesadilla night.  So what did I come up with for dinner?

Salsa Chicken Burritos!

salsa chicken burrito

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Burritos:
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium sized jar mild salsa (I used about 20oz or so)
1 can black beans, drained
Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Mix
Large flour tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream

Place chicken in your slow cooker.  Cover chicken with salsa completely. Sprinkle Fiesta Party Dip Mix over top to taste. (I used about a teaspoon or so just to give it a little kick) Set slow cooker on low and let it cook for about 5 hours or until chicken is falling apart. Take 2 forks and shred the chicken breasts. Add the black beans and mix the chicken, salsa and beans thoroughly. Cook for an additional half hour.

Take a large flour tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Place chicken mixture on top of cheese and roll like a burrito. Add a dollop of sour cream to finish.

Viola! Completely easy and tasty dinner packed with a little extra protein!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment